Monday, July 25, 2005

Evil Storm

This was an....interesting...weekend. Saturday, Stav and I worked more on the website while they had a garage sale. I sold a few things too, and made a little bit of money, which was really nice. The site is getting closer to being done. I registered for my domain name and bought server space on www.godaddy.com . It's actually a pretty decent price, and Stav uses them also. I actually got to do some of the work on the site myself. I now have a little bit of an idea of how to use Dreamweaver. I know about a billionth of what is possible, but hey, it's a start. I mostly want to learn enough to make sure I can add pictures and update the links myself. I don't want to make Anthony and/or Stav have to do it all of the time.

Saturday night we went to Harper's. There was a going away party for Stav and Paul. (sighs) I am really going to miss those guys. I can't believe they are leaving. As Erin was talking about in her journal, it really is the end of an era. People are moving, getting married, having kids...and I can't believe it's all happening so fast. Somehow it seemed like it wouldn't all end...that there would be a way to have things just go on the same, forever. I suppose that's really naive, and I always knew it wouldn't actually last, but that didn't stop me from hoping. I'm going to miss running next door to borrow a book, drop off the rabbits for an hour or two while our house is getting "fixed" by construction workers, or just hanging out there for a BBQ. All of the random bar/club nights, and parties...They're some of my very favorite people. I also doubt I'll see Nancy or Kracker much, even though they aren't the ones moving to California. The going away party was a ton of fun. It was in the VIP room at Harper's, and we all got in the club free. We also had free champagne (really good champagne too) and food. Ooh, and we got fun hats! They had random fedoras laying around. They had a couple of different colors, I thought I was wearing one that was grey, or light blue but it ended up being purple. Apparently black lights really mess up my sense of color. It was incredibly funny when we left the club. Erin, Kyle, Katie, Anthony and I were all wearing the hats and there was a huge line of people waiting to go in as we left. Six people or so made comments as we were leaving about them...mostly whispers of "are they VIP's?" We all walked out like we were very important...and then cracked up when we got across the street.

I woke up Sunday morning when Anthony left for work at 6:45, and then again at 8 or so when the storm got out of hand. It had been raining/storming most of the night, but it started to get insane around 8. I drifted off for a few minutes between the lightning and thunder strikes, but I bolted out of bed at 8:20 when it sounded like our house got hit. There was an incredibly huge crash and the house shook. I am not actually sure what near us got hit, but it has to have been very close. Our power went out at the same time, and as of last night at 9 o'clock it was still out. I had sort of a lazy morning, I wandered around East Lansing with Ion and Stepha, to see what was going on with the power and to try to find food. We didn't have any luck with the food, but it was kinda fun. I also read most of the day. It's amazing how much more reading I get done when I can't turn on my computer. I finished reading "The DaVinci Code". I really enjoyed it. It was the perfect book to read in an afternoon. I am not quite sure why people made such an huge deal about it though. Yeah, I can see why it irritated the Catholic Church, it just always seems so silly how big of a deal people make about things like that.

I was supposed to take engagement pictures of Erin and Kyle on Sunday. The storm nixed that idea. Kyle got kidnapped by Consumer's, and was gone all day. Erin ended up coming down anyway, and she and Katie and I went out to dinner. We went to Old Chicago, we'd never been there before so we decided to try it out. It was actually really good. Erin and I split a small pizza. When the waitress brought it out, she put a piece on each of our plates, and then dropped the other two pieces on the floor. It was pretty funny, but I felt really bad for her, she seemed horribly embarrassed. It worked out well though, because we got a new pizza for free, so we ended up getting more than we paid for. We also got honey raspberry ale, which was yummy. I am still not a huge fan of beer, but I have found a few I like. They just have to be higher end. The three of us also split a giant cookie. It was so good. We also took half of it home. It was just a fun dinner. The three of us haven't had much time to just hang out and talk in quite a while. On the way home we got hit on by a bunch of redneck guys in an Explorer (or something similar) with a decal on the back window that said 'get er done...". Very quality guys. They yelled something out the window that sounded like a cross between Yetti and King Kong. We never did hear what they were saying...Erin made some fantastically funny comment about it, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. We all ended up laughing so hard we cried.

1 comment:

Megan said...

lol..thank you dear. My brain has apparently gone missing again.