Saturday, July 09, 2005

Etsy!

I found the most amazing website this week. It's a site that is for selling handmade craft-type stuff. I am sure to most of you that sounds less than exciting. However, as a person who has so far mostly spent money on being creative instead of making money on it, it is heaven. When I first saw it, my thought was 'Oooh, a website for Erin." Then I proceeded to go insane because she was on vacation and I couldn't tell her about it. Eventually the thought occurred to me, 'Hey, you have photographs, why don't you try selling them?' I've spent the last few days putting together a shop, I have a dozen or so of my photographs on sale now. In keeping with the Drifting Visions theme of my future website, that is also the name of my Etsy shop. The shop is similar to eBay in that the site doesn't actually sell your products and ship them out, they just put buyers and sellers in contact with each other. But, there are no auctions and it's limited to handmade stuff. I am impressed with how well the site is organized. It's clean, simple, and pretty easy to use. Plus, they are just starting out and so they're really open to suggestions. The link to my store is Drifting Visions Etsy if you would like to check it out (hint, hint...)

I am also curious, is anyone actually reading this?? Or, am I just talking to myself most of the time? Leave me a comment on here, just to let me know please!

It hasn't helped that I've changed what IM client I've been using, so my profile with the link to this keeps getting lost. Lately AIM has been bogging down my computer like crazy and driving me nuts. I decided to try out Miranda IM since several people have been raving about it. I was impressed up until the point where I realized that reading people's away messages wasn't an option. It's a really nice set up over all. It's an incredibly small file that has the basic IM options and beyond that there are hundreds of plug-ins to use. I loved some of the plug-ins, they were just what I was looking for. However, it makes absolutely no sense to me that neither the Miranda program nor any single plug-in will allow you to check away messages. The only way of seeing them is to send someone a message, which just gets annoying to me and to them. I then downloaded Gaim, and I love it. It just rocks. Much smaller file than AIM and much less of a nuisance. Besides, now I don't have the damn advertisement windows in my buddy list. And it lets me check away messages. Anyone who is annoyed with AOL and/or wants to be able to chat with people on AIM, MSN, and yahoo, etc, all at the same time should check it out. I tried Trillium years ago and it just made me cranky. I'm impressed to have found one that I finally like.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm reading it! This is glamtart from digs.

Megan said...

Yay, glad to see you on here.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure someone reads this stuff. I mean you are never on AIM so all we have is the link to this site anyways :-P