Friday, July 08, 2005

Chasing Rabbits

I let the rabbits run in my room while I am in here. That way they get exercise and are much less cranky. Usually it works out great. Today I forgot to close the bedroom door while I went to put in my contacts. I've been wearing my glasses all day but I needed contacts to go running. I have one contact in and all of a sudden there's a crash. With one eye shut so I can see out of the eye that does have the contact in it, I see that my door is open. And there Jack is, joyfully hopping through the living room. You know the scene in Lilo and Stitch where he goes rampaging through the model city of San Francisco? It looked a lot like that. He's adorable but rather destructive. I think maybe I should have a padded room for him. When he saw me coming he hid under the couch. Since it's nearly impossible to coax him out, I just left him there while I went to put in my second contact. I wanted to be able to see what I was chasing around. I'm not sure I really needed to go running. I got an awful lot of exercise running right in the house. 20 minutes later I finally got him back in the room and in his cage. Squirrel is still out and about in the bedroom because she's well behaved. I'm never quite sure how to deal with her though. I am used to the wild antics of Jack. She just quietly sits around and cuddles when you pick her up. The oddest thing I've ever seen her do is lick my ear. Which, is kind of strange, but from what I can tell, to rabbits that just means 'I love you'. I think I'm glad most humans don't do it that way.

No comments: