Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Well I'm Surprised

I was so worried about introducing Jack to the new bunny. Apparently I was crazy. Anthony and I put them in the kitchen together, and for the first 20 minutes or so they basically ignored each other. They hopped around checking out the new room and occasionally sniffed each other. We decided to put them in the big cage, and they've spent the past hour or so checking the cage out and getting acquainted. So far they've been eating hay together and she's been licking his ears. It was adorable. I can't wait till I see them snuggling together asleep. I spent a couple hours reading through various articles explaining all of the steps you should take to introduce them and all of the things that can possibly go wrong. I didn't actually need to worry about any of that I guess. I had visions of fur flying and a dead and or bleeding baby bunny. Instead, they're best friends. Further proof that you can never predict how people or animals will behave.

No comments: