Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Photos

I spent most of the afternoon scanning pictures for the website. I have a huge box with hundreds of photos. Tonight, I finally started to organize them. All of the photographs are out of the envelopes, sorted by size and put in shoe boxes. The negatives are in a separate box. I need to get some nice real photo boxes and then sort them by roll. I think I'll still keep the negatives separate, but they will be in order too, maybe not chronological order, cause I am way too lazy to do that much work, but at least marked with a number. That way I will know Negative One corresponds to Roll One. It's a fairly ambitious project, but more than worth doing. I've been wanting to do it for years now. I will (at some point) scan all of the negatives and photographs and burn them to DVD's too. But that's pretty far in the future. Unfortunately because I didn't have them organized, some of the pictures have gotten damaged. Scratched/bent/or otherwise messed up. But, on the photo envelopes I noticed the Kodak guarantee, as long as I have a photo that is printed on Kodak paper, with the negative, they will replace them for free, no matter what I did to them. I have all of the negatives, and I've never had them printed on anything but Kodak paper, so I should be all set. That's kind of a future project too, although before the massive scanning, cause there's no point in scanning damaged pictures. Unfortunately some of them that I need to put on the website are a little dinked up, so I will have to do some Photoshop editing. But, I could use some practice with Photoshop anyway, so it should be ok. I am getting excited about all of this. Other than Stepha's graduation pictures, I haven't done many lately, and I really miss photography.

No comments: