Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Baby Bunny

I bought a bunny last night. I know, I've become obsessed. I was at the pet store about a week and a half ago, and saw the cutest baby bunny. She is part Netherland Dwarf (mixed with something else unknown) and she looks like a wild rabbit. She has that brown fur, and a little white tail. She was sweet and cuddly and really laid back. I didn't even consider getting her then, she was $30, and I figured my parents would murder me if I bought a critter. I talked to my mom about it a couple of days later. I didn't even suggest getting it, just that I was completely in love with her. Well, a few days after that when I talked to her on the phone she said "your dad and I talked about it, and if you want to get the bunny, you can." I think my jaw hit the floor. I told her I'd take a couple of days to think about it. As much as I'd love a friend for Jack, they are kind of time consuming. I decided to get her if she was still there. Last night I went to the pet store, and she was the only bunny left, so I got her! She's 6 weeks old, fits in my hands cupped together and is so friendly. I am going to take some pictures of her this week and I'll post them as soon as I get them done.

I haven't introduced her to Jack yet, I am going to let her relax and get to know me for a few days before I stress her out like that. Thursday I am going to barricade myself in Anthony's kitchen with the two bunnies and see what chaos ensues. It could be love at first sight or a nightmare. It should be interesting either way. I am not sure what I am going to name her yet. Since I already have one named Captain Jack, I am tempted to name her Ginger. After all, Jack and Ginger just seems to go together. Mmm, good drink. Anthony is suggesting Scallawag, in keeping with the whole pirate theme. She also kinda of looks like a squirrel, so I could just call her that. Any suggestions or comments on the name idea would be appreciated.

No comments: