Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fall

The fall mostly consisted of trying to settle into the new place, get ready for Erin's wedding, and dealing with a roommate.

I was Erin's maid of honor, so I planned her bachelorette party. We met at Erin's mom's house, and made Mardi Gras type masks. Lots of feathers and rhinestones and general wackiness. They turned out really cute and we had a lot of fun making them. Plus, it was something a little more us than penis veils. After the masks were done, we went out to dinner, and then to Windsor to go out drinking and clubbing, and crashed in a hotel there after. It was fun, although I think it made all of us feel like we're getting a bit old.

Erin and Kyle's wedding was wonderful. I finished the dress I was making for it, and it was very cute. Plus, it's something I'll want to wear again. Her dress was gorgeous and everything turned out beautifully. She got all of the bride minions incredible shawls, a different color for each of us. Mine was red with a gold scroll pattern, and it was perfect. She also got me a really pretty antique looking silver compact with a mirror on one side, and a picture of the two of us on the other. It was incredibly sweet. I had a horrible time writing the speech for the reception, although it finally came together really well. In order to keep from crying during it, I ended up shaking through the whole thing, but apparently I appeared more composed that I was.

We liked our new rooms and loved the furniture we bought to replace what was lost in the fire. However, the roommate situation has been a nightmare. I think we have both come very close to murdering him on a daily basis. I'll try to keep this from turning into a rant, but suffice it to say he's a thoughtless, drug dealing jackass. Oh, and he's incapable of turning off his freaking alarm clock, or waking up to it. So if he's gone and leaves it on, we have to go in his room to turn off his THREE alarms. And if he's here, we have to pound on the door/go in and shake him to get him to wake up. Yeah, not an ideal situation.

The rest of the fall has been taking some time to relax and enjoy each other. And finally being able to hang out with friends again. There were a lot of people we didn't get to see over the summer. And so we've been doing a bit more of that. Which has been very enjoyable. Anthony has been gone about 5-7 days or so out of every month. I miss him while he's gone, but it's great money, and it isn't all bad having time to myself every so often.

No comments: